HBR or Building Survey?

House SearchWe recently undertook a Homebuyer Report within Thatcham on a two bedroom bungalow.

When making an enquiry, people often ask us what the difference is between a Homebuyer Report and a Building Survey. Our simple response is that while both involve a survey of the property, a Homebuyer Report details all the essential elements of a building but goes into less detail than a Building Survey.

If you would like to read more about the details of each report, take a look at our Property Surveys page.

The client, in this case, was uncertain as to which type of report they should instruct and asked for our advice. We were able to undertake a quick assessment of the building, its age and type and advised that a Homebuyer Report would be sufficient for a structure of this nature.

When we undertook the survey we were able to report that there was a roof leak and damp to the ground floor of the property, we also highlighted a number of issues externally. As a result of our report, the client made the decision that the liability was too great for the price they had agreed and decided to withdraw from the sale.

If you are unsure which type of survey would be most suitable for the type of property that you are intending to purchase, please contact us and we shall be happy to discuss this with you.

For a Homebuyer Report or Building Survey quote, please call 01635 579208 or complete the enquiry form.