Do I need a Party Wall Surveyor?

You may need a Party Wall Surveyor if you intend to carry out work which involves the following:

– Work on an existing wall, ceiling or floor structure shared with another property

– Building on or at the boundary with another property

– Excavating near a neighbouring building or structure.

If you’re planning any of the above, you must call a Party Wall Surveyor to find out whether the work falls within the scope of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.

If you do not comply with the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 by serving the necessary notices and obtaining the necessary agreement or resolving matters by way of an award, your building works could be delayed, declared unlawful, possibly incurring legal claims and costs against you.

In order to be clear if your planned work comes within the Act, you should seek professional advice from an experienced Party Wall Surveyor.

Call Chartered Surveyors, RMA Surveyors Ltd on 01635 579208 for guidance on the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 or to enlist our services as a Party Wall Surveyor. 

We provide Party Wall surveying and advice in compliance with The Party Wall etc. Act 1996.  We act on behalf of building owners and adjoining owners, as well as agreed surveyors for both parties.