Does the Party Wall Act apply?

Does the Party Wall Act applyA common question received at RMA Surveyors is: does the Party Wall Act apply to me? 

If you’re uncertain as to whether the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 applies to you, then why not look at the below chart. It’s a quick reference flowchart, from the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors, which shows the steps required when considering the Party Wall Act.

The Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors flowchart.

RMA Surveyors Ltd are experienced party wall surveyors, based in Newbury, Berkshire.  We provide Party Wall surveying and advice in compliance with The Party Wall etc. Act 1996.  We act on behalf of building owners and adjoining owners, as well as agreed surveyors for both parties.

If you’re in doubt as to whether the Party Wall Act applies, contact RMA Surveyors for professional advice on 01635 579208. We are members of and regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).