Government Guidance on Party Walls

Government Guidance on Party WallsGovernment Guidance on Party Walls

Information on carrying out building work under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, or what to do if your neighbour tells you they’re about to carry out work can be found on the website.

The Act and Party Wall process can appear complex and daunting, as such the government has provided guidance on preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls.

Visit to read it in full.

If you’re in need of professional advice, contact RMA Surveyors in Newbury, Berkshire on 01635 579208. Proud members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. RMA Surveyors are experienced Party Wall surveyors that provide Party Wall surveying and advice in compliance with the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.  RMA Surveyors act on behalf of building owners and adjoining owners, as well as agreed surveyors for both parties.